Catonsville 4th of July Committee – Inclement Weather Policy
The Catonsville Parade will be held rain or shine.
The goal of the Catonsville 4th of July Fireworks Committee is to provide a safe and well organized fireworks display for the residents of Catonsville and the surrounding areas. When the fireworks are delayed, postponed or cancelled due to inclement weather, the following factors influence the Catonsville 4th of July Committees’ decision:
- Rain does not hinder the committee’s ability to shoot the fireworks. The fireworks will typically be held if there is light or intermittent rain. If there is a prolonged heavy rain, the fireworks will be delayed until the weather clears or if it does not clear, will be postponed until the scheduled rain date. Rain date is Saturday, July 8th, 2017
- If storms with lightning occur it creates an unsafe environment not just for fireworks display but more importantly for the spectators. The Catonsville 4th of July Committee will delay the start of the display until there is a safe period without lightning before the Committee will consider the firing of the fireworks display. If storms with lightning continue, the display will be postponed to the rain date.
- The Fireworks Committee is in contact with WBAL 11 Weather Center throughout the day and evening of the show and consults with their professionals to determine if the weather forecast for the scheduled time of the display will be favorable. Taking that into consideration and in close coordination with the Baltimore County Fire Marshal’s office, the Catonsville Celebrations Committee will take those inputs, as well as the safety and comfort of the spectators, into consideration to determine if the firing of the fireworks display will take place or be postponed.
- If the inclement weather persists on the rain date, the Committee, after considerable review and discussion, may opt to cancel the display for this year. This information will be posted on the Catonsville 4th of July Committee web page.
- There is significant cost involved with cancelling a fireworks display, so the Catonsville 4th of July Committee will make every effort to ensure the community gets to enjoy the best community sponsored fireworks display in Maryland.
- If the weather is questionable, go to www.catonsvillecelebrations.org for updates.
- We will keep the most current info available in reference to any changes.