You must read the rules before filling out your application! Did you know that parade entries are not allowed to hand out brochures, flyers, cards or other paper items? Did you know that parade entries are not permitted to throw candy or promotional items from your float/car? It is important to know the dos and don’ts of parade participation before the parade begins. Please take the time to share these rules with your group as you make plans for your entry in Catonsville 4th of July parade.
We are applying to participate in the Catonsville 4th of July Parade. We understand that by filing this application we are not automatically guaranteed a place in the parade. All applications must be approved by the Catonsville 4th of July Committee. Parade will be held rain or shine.
- Deadline for application is Thursday , July 2, 2020 at 6 pm
- We agree to hold harmless the Catonsville 4th of July Committee and its representatives for any damage we may suffer or cause and to secure such a promise from and on behalf of each in our unit
- We agree to be in our assigned position in the formation area at the time instructed and to follow the instructions of parade officials.
- We have read and agree to abide by the rules and regulations provided to us by the Parade Committee. All entries will follow the directions of the parade representatives and police at all times.
- No candy or promotional items are to be tossed from vehicles or floats to individuals watching the parade. Individuals walking the parade route with prior approval may distribute items by hand at the curb. Absolutely no paper handouts such as brochures, coupons and/or flyers can be distributed during the parade.
- Any entry that includes children must have adequate adult supervision. Adult supervision is required on all floats and open vehicles carrying children.
- Prohibited items: Silly string, water pistols/guns, super-soakers, water balloons and other devices that propel water from parade entry.
- The Catonsville 4th of July Committee has the right to remove any person, vehicle, float etc… not meeting the Catonsville 4th of July Committee criterion and standards. Entries should follow the theme of the parade.
- Entries are not to espouse political, social or other themes or causes.
- Only elected officials representing the Catonsville districts will be permitted to participate in the parade. ONLY APPROVED ELECTED OFFICIALS will be permitted on the parade route. Supporters/walkers are not permitted to march in parade. No campaign t-shirts are permitted in parade. CANDIDATES RUNNING FOR OFFICE ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PARADE.
- Commercial business entries may not simply ride through the parade route in their company vehicle. All entries must be decorated according to the parade theme and/or in an appropriate holiday manner.
- The committee reserves the right to photograph and/or record the entire parade and use these images to promote or benefit the committee’s activities including use in electronic media and/or sale of images.
- All entries must be less than 13’ in height from the road surface to the top of the float or vehicle.
- Updates and additional information are available at www.catonsvillecelebrations.org.
Please take the time to share these rules with your group as you make plans for your entry. Applicants must accept these rules on the on-line application or sign a copy of the rules if mailing in your application.
I agree to these terms by clicking on link into parade application you are agreeing to the terms presented.