Each year on July 4th, residents walk to Frederick Road to watch the annual parade. Few give a thought to how the parade is funded or organized. They just know that the parade will begin at 3 p.m. and will be spectacular.
Behind the scenes is a small group of volunteer who work tirelessly to raise the $100,000 needed to produce the parade and fireworks. Few know that the marching bands do not come for free (hey, they have expenses too, like bus rental, uniforms, meals). Our budget to hire these top-notch bands is $23,000. The fireworks display and related expenses total $30,000. Spot-A-Pots, insurance, band fees. fireworks, web maintenance, and administrative expenses quickly add up to a total of $100,000 for this one day event. The committee does not receive any federal, state or county funds. We rely on residents and businesses in the Catonsville area to pitch in and keep this tradition alive.
How can you help?
1. Volunteers are going door-to-door in the Catonsville area to collect donations. Give generously!
2. Parade Collectors with buckets will be walking down the parade route just ahead of the parade. Bring your cash/checks and deposit them into their buckets.
3. Fireworks Collectors will be traversing the high school grounds at the pre-fireworks fun fest. Give generously!
4. Write a check payable to the Catonsville 4th of July Committee and mail to P.O. Box 21202 Catonsville, MD 21228. Donations are tax-deductible.
5. Make a donation online using your credit card through the security of PayPal. Give generously!