Catonsville’s Fireworks Celebration will be held on Wednesday, July 4, 2012. Come early and enjoy the Fireworks Family Fest beginning at 6:30 p.m. at Valley Road and South Rolling Road.
Tips for Enjoying Fireworks
- Inclement Weather Policy — Find out how the Fireworks Committee decides whether to have the fireworks when it is rainy. Inclement Weather Policy…
- Alcoholic Beverages, Smoking and fireworks are not allowed on the Catonsville High School property.
- Come Early/Stay Late — Plan to come early and enjoy the Fireworks Family Fun Fest beginning at 6:30 p.m. Listen and dance to the sounds of School of Rock, talented teen musicians packing a classic rock punch. There will be a dozen vendors offering carnival style foods and no long lines! Family friendly activities followed by the best fireworks in the region.
- Walk to the Fireworks — You don’t have to worry about parking or traffic hassles, plus it is good for the environment! Large portions of the Catonsville High School campus will be cordoned off. Enter from Valley Road, Hilltop Avenue or Rolling Road and obey the signs.
- Don’t Cut Across Athletic Fields — Don’t walk across the athletic fields after the fireworks as a shortcut to get home. The fields are roped off so that crews can disassemble the displays.
- Be Patient — When the fireworks are finished, please be patient. Valley Road has to be inspected for fallen debris before traffic can resume. Traffic patterns also have to be altered to ensure a safe trip for everyone.